Luke’s Bio

with No Comments

Welcome everyone to EDCI 336 and the new school year!  I am Luke Richards a doctoral candidate with research interests in educational technology and one of the EDCI instructors. My family and I returned to the Island this August after living here for many years. My two children are beginning Kindergarten and Grade 2 in Saanich District.

This September marks twenty years since I first attended the faculty of Education and began my post degree teacher training. This rewarding career journey has had many stops and began in Ontario where I first taught. After a few years with my own classroom I began working in special education an area I had a passion for. My wife and I moved to Victoria in 2005 to work on my Master’s here at UVic. During this time I taught in Saanich at Stelly’s, Claremont and Royal Oak.

Over my 13 years teaching in K-12 I had many great experiences teaching elementary, middle school, high school and recently I have worked as District Vice Principal. At post secondary I worked the University of Victoria and at Vancouver Island University where I worked at the Centre for Accessible Learning. Also at UVic I am writing my dissertation and have been researching with the TIE Lab since 2012. In 2019 my family and I returned to BC after working at the University of Edinburgh for 2 years.

This term I am co-teaching section 3 with Dr. Irvine and am excited to work, teach and learn with you all.

Email:lukejr@uvic.ca

Twitter:@luke_jr